Friday, October 30, 2009

AMELIE - is Another Me !


PROLOGUE :-

[I’ve watched this movie “La Fabuleux Destin d’ Amelie Poulain” (The Fabulous Destiny of Amelie Poulain) a couple of times previously…probably in the channel ZeeMGM, I guess…though I don’t know French at all, but got the real essence of that film, since the English subtitles were provided fortunately…the dialogue by Amelie that drew my attention first was – “I like noticing details that no one else sees”…and gradually I felt a subtle similarity of mine with the character of AMELIE (played by Audrey Tautou)…Later I came to know about the fame of that movie directed by Jean Pierre Jeunet, it won the Best Film Award in European Film Festival, two BAFTA awards and was nominated in International Film Festival in five categories too…I may fall short of words if I try to put her character’s simplicity through a few lines…still this is a small effort in my own little way… ]



Surprised as well as gone at my wit’s end…thinking…
How can me & Amelie be so alike in so many ways ?
May be there're still some remnants of Amelie Poulain in others too
Extremely introvert, shy to approach in every issue,
With an weird and absolutely crazy imagination
Totally eccentric, unconventional, a complete oddball…

Failed in romantic efforts for several number of times…
She entertains herself…with the simple pleasures in life,
Like…secretly tasting custard with teaspoon
Like…walking freely in the road with Paris-sunshine
Like…bouncing pebbles across the canal
Amazingly…daily hustles-&-bustles of the busy city-life,
Can never affect her childlike simplicity…
Rather her individuality, she confesses,
“I like noticing details that no one else sees”

And one day her life takes a new turn,
When she finds a treasure hidden behind a bathroom-tile.
Later a series of events keep on going…
Where Amelie helps other people anonymously
To achieve their happiness, (keeping herself behind the scenes)
And finds joy simply in making small impacts in others’ lives…
In the miraculous mathematics of the city
There are numerous unexpected connections
When Amelie enters into the plot, the equation changes…
She might add a little number at a crucial junction,
And all the things turns from utter black to the brighter side
But her own life remains still, painfully lonely
And finally she learns to pursue her own happiness
That’s all about “The Fabulous Destiny of Amelie Poulain”…aka Me…


No comments:

Post a Comment