Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm a little bit Calvin - an INFP


A couple of days back, I was taking the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality test and I was diagnosed as an INFP (introversion, intuition, feeling, perception).. Then I couldn't restrain myself from going through the list of celebrity names and fictional characters who fall under similar category as that of mine.. And to my utter wonder, "Calvin" was a part of it! Yup, I'm talking about Calvin.. that impulsive, sometimes overly creative, imaginative, energetic, curious, intelligent, often selfish, rude, and usually bad-tempered six-year-old kid, whose last name is never mentioned in the strip.. Despite his low grades, who has a larger vocabulary than many adults and an emerging philosophical mind! This Watterson-depicted mind-boggling creature reminds me of my childhood days.. when I was just a little kid and used to crack playful pranks yet keeping my idealistic principles intact! Till now, even at this age of 24, I can say I'm a complete child by heart in the sense that "few adults achieve maturity".. Really, I still enjoy all kinds of freshly invented innovative & mischievous thoughts! Even INFP profile has published this info: "INFP children often exhibit this in a 'Calvin & Hobbes' fashion, switching from reality to fantasy and fantasy to reality back and forth..". Today's world really lack imagination, and I guess, it's because INFP constitutes of only 1% of entire population. Through the rose-tinted glasses, even mundane lifeless objects would acquire vitality! Can this trait of childlike amazement among INFPs emulate it? What say? But we, the INFPs are highly sensitive too.. After jolting back to reality, we get easily hurt if our thoughts or feelings are not taken care of ! Still I can assure about one thing, if I'm left to a point which torments me, I can cure it by imagination, humor and natural rhythm of life's pleasure.. (Though not sure about other INFPs).. Against the ineviatable consequences of natural laws, we INFPs can create our own laws and can abide by them with our sheer sense of idealism (in case of ironical situation, we can violate them in our imagination, but we can never do that in reality since we're the utmost loyal ones)! Though I'm not 6-year-old like Calvin, actually my current age is his 4 times.. still there's not much difference! There's no filter between my brain and my mouth. And like Calvin, the thing people really enjoy about me is that I have no sense of restraint.. and I don't have the experience yet to know the things that I shouldn't do! So, is there any drop of doubt that I'm a little bit of Calvin ??

No comments:

Post a Comment